Thursday, January 6, 2011

omg omg omg omg

Every conversation revolves around our shock. We're bringing a child from all the way around the world to our home. Without even trying, we are stressed and excited and even a little scared. Towards the end of the day today I had one of my nurse friends, Kathleen, take my blood pressure because I felt so stressed. It was normal, but I still felt wired and just 'weird'. I began to talk to her and another nurse about what I was feeling, mostly that there will be a child in my house! And I have no idea what it's going to be like. He's already 2, will he like us? Are we going to know what to do with a kid? Can we even do this?! My friend Anna said I was having a new mom moment. She said she wanted a baby, wanted a baby, wanted a baby. When she finally got pregnant she was like "omg omg omg omg omg" (while dramatically and slowly falling into a chair:) I felt so much better after that. SO I'm not a horrible person for being scared and unsure I'm even doing the right thing??

Once I got home, Tim and I finally had time to go through all the emails I have been bombarded with the last couple of days from the agency. There were lots of tips and helpful information as well as more pricing information, which is what we were really needing. I think we feel a little bit better for now.

What a YEAR!

No comments: